Area Of Specializations/ Interest
- Electrical Drives
- Power Electronics
- Control Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Renu V and Surasmi N. L, “Optimal Control of Selective Harmonic Elimination in a Grid Connected Single Phase PV Inverter”, International Conference on Advances in Green Energy (ICAGE) 2014, IEEE Conference Publications.
- Renu V and Surasmi N. L, “Adaptive Compensation for Lower Order Harmonics in a Grid Connected Single phase PV Inverter”, 3rd National Conference on Emerging Technologies (NCET 2014), pp 162-168,1-2 August 2014, Trivandrum.
- Renu V, “Selective Harmonic Elimination using Adaptive Filter and PRI controller in a grid connected single phase PV Inverter”, Issue No.04,pp15-25, LMCST Journal of Engineering and Technology, Jan-Dec 2014.
- Parvathy R, Renu V, “DMC Based H-Infinity Controller Design for a Floating Wind Turbine”, Proc 2nd National Conference On Recent Advances in ECE, EEE and CSE, Prabhand 2015, on July 31 & August 1, vol 2,pp 477-484
- Shibi B S, Renu V, “Modelling of Point Absorber Wave Energy Converter in Time Domain” IJESC Journal Volume 6 Issue No.6, Jun 2016.
- Teaching: 8 years
- Industry: 1 year in Bharat Electronics Ltd, Jalahalli, Bangalore as a Graduate Trainee
- Participated in the 4 day workshop on “Self-Awareness & integral Education, SAIE 2017” organized by the Translational Research & Professional Leadership Centre (TPLC), Govt.Engineering College Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram from 22 nd to 25th November 2017 at Government Engineering College Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Participated in One Day Capacity Building Workshop on Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) on 24th June 2017 organized by EMC Kerala, Dept. of Power Govt. of Kerala in association with IEEE PES Kerala Chapter at Energy Management Centre Campus, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Attended the two day workshop on Energy Management & Audit conducted on 14th and 15th December 2016, at Energy Management Centre, Thiruvananthapuram as a part of National Energy Conservation Day Celebrations organized by Energy Management Centre, Kerala.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Medicinal Plants held at Swadeshabhimani Town Hall Neyyattinkara on November 2014.
- Participated in Two-week ISTE Workshop on “Introduction to Research Methodologies” conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay from 25th June to 4th July,2012.
Short Term Training Programme Attended:
- Participated in two week ISTE STTP on “CMOS mixed signal and Radio frequency VLSI design” conducted by IIT Kharagpur from 30th January to 4th February 2017 through LMCST remote centre at LMCST.
- Participated in ISTE approved short term training programme on “Power Electronics and Drives-Technology Advances, Trends and Applications ” organized by the Dept of EEE,MBCET Trivandrum from 10th to 14th June 2013.
- Participated in International Conference on “Green Technologies” held on 18-20 December 2012 jointly organised by Mar Baselios College of Engineering&Technology and University of Dayton.
- Attended Engineering Education & Research Seminar on 25th November 2016 at Hilton Garden Inn, Trivandrum conducted by National Instruments India.
- Participated in the International Conference on Green Technologies jointly organized by Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology and University of Dayton held at Trivandrum on December 18-20, 2012.
- Participated in 28th National Convention of Electrical Engineers and National Seminar on “Electricity for all – Vision for a brighter India” held on 6-7 October 2012organised by The Institution of Engineers (India).
Faculty Development Programme Attended:
- FDP on Pedagogy for Online and Blended Teaching-Learning Process conducted by IIT Bombay from September 14, 2017 to October 12, 2017.
- FDP on Foundation Program in ICT for Education conducted by IIT Bombay from August 3, 2017 to September 7, 2017
- Participated in FDP on Design & Development of Embedded Systems organized by Department of EEE held at LMCST on 18th & 19th December 2017
- Participated in FDP on Control Systems,Power Electronics and Renewable Systems with MATLAB organized in association with Pantech ProEd by Department of EEE held at LMCST on 4th to 6th July 2017
- Participated in the FDP on “VLSI and MIXED SIGNAL DESIGN” organized by Department of ECE held at LMCST on 24th and 25th January 2017.
- Participated in the FDP on LabVIEW for Teaching and Research organized by Department of EEE held at LMCST on 16th and 17th January 2017.
- Participated in FDP on Concepts Coaching conducted by ICT Academy of Kerala from 7th,8th & 11th July 2016 at LMCST, TVM.