Lourdes Matha College of Science and Technology takes pride to be the selected as the first Remote Centre of IIT Bombay for their E-outreach programme in Trivandrum.
With this initiative, IIT Mumbai aims to enhance the teaching skills of faculty members in engineering and science, of its member colleges through what is termed “Empowerment of students and teachers through Synchronous and Asynchronous Instruction”. Project ekalavya was initiated in 2004 to generate an interactive platform for the creation, absorption, dissemination and usage of knowledge. It is an Open Source Knowledge Initiative launched by the Affordable Solutions Laboratory (ASL), Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Bombay. This can be used through affordable dissemination for classroom teaching as well as for enabling independent learning and distance education.
Under the scheme, IIT Mumbai conducts two-week ISTE workshops through distance mode, using EDUSAT network of ISRO and the AVIEW software using internet for live transmission at various remote centers across the country during summer and winter vacation. The programme is part of the ‘National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology’ (ICT), supported by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
Workshops Conducted for Faculty Members
- Two Week ISTE workshop on Introduction to Research Methodologies(June 2012)
- Two day ISTE workshop on Aakash for Education (Nov 10 & 11, 2012)
- Two day ISTE Workshop on Research Methods in Educational Technology (February 2 – 9, 2013)
- Two week ISTE workshop on Database Management Systems (May 21 – 31, 2013)
- Two weeks ISTE workshop on Analog Electronics by IIT Kharagpur (June 4 – 14, 2013)
- Two week ISTE workshop on Engg Mechanics: 26 November to 06 December 2013)
- One week ISTE Workshop on Computer Programming (16/06/14 to 21/06/14)
- One week ISTE Workshop on Computer Networking (30/06/14 to 05/07/14)
- Two week ISTE Workshop on Cyber Security (10/07/14 to 20/07/14)
IIT Bombay has conducted four day ANDROID workshop for the students